Reformulation alert! Woot woot!
As most of you are probably aware, I source my lotion base from a fantastic west coast manufacturer - I do this mainly because, working out of my home, I'm unable to get my production space lab-sterile, & cross contamination during lotion making is nothing to joke about. Also, product consistency is sexy
Earlier this year, the manufacturer revamped their formula, & this summer's limited edition lotions are the first I've made using the new recipe. I'll be honest - I can't tell any difference in performance, & am confident that you'll be just as pleased. That said, there IS a minor difference in ingredients, so take a gander & make sure there's nothing there that you are sensitive to, or trying to avoid. The main addition is both organic & conventional sunflower seed oil, a lovely high-oleic oil that absorbs quickly into the skin.
The new formula is also... fluffier? It weighs a little less than the previous recipe, so you'll notice that the large bottles weigh in at 4 ounces, rather than 4.2. Same volume, same great price
As I restock, I'll be updating listings & labels, so what you see under ingredients on my website is the formula you'll receive. Thanks for reading all this, & for being awesome As always, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
- From the PBSW Archives: Ready to leave Etsy for your own website? Don't quit...until you watch this video.
- From the PBSW Archives: She Blinded Me With Science, or Is My Lotion Really Going to Give Me Cancer?
- From the PBSW Archives: 20K Gold, or How I Sold a Truly Ridiculous Amount of Soap on Etsy, or The Part Where She Bangs on the Table A Lot
- From the PBSW Archives: Hanging out with How I Pinch a Penny!
- From the PBSW Archives: Selling out without selling out